The Osaka Amazing Pass (https://www.osaka-info.jp/osp/en/index.html) is the ultimate pass for people with lots of energy and are willing to travel from attraction to attraction within two days.
For my family with two kindergarten age kids, we did not manage to move that quickly, but yet we made the pass worth it. We paid 3000 yen for a two day pass.
Day One – Osaka Science Museum (400 yen), Osaka Museum of Natural History(300 yen), Tombori River Cruise (900 yen)
Day Two – Osaka Castle Museum (600 yen), Floating Garden Observatory (800 yen), HEP FIVE Ferris Wheel (500 yen)
Photo credit: http://www.2aussietravellers.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/osaka-amazing-pass-3-1050×700.jpg
So just on the attractions alone, we made the pass worth it and we have not even added in the free subway travel, which also covered by the pass.
NOW, When they publicise that there are 28 Attractions included, it is a little misleading. There are actual only 26 that are available throughout the year. The last two attractions are seasonal and are actually the similar river cruise except at different times of the year.
The Osaka River Cruise Aqualiner or Osaka Suijyo Bus (Aqua-Liner) is only free from December to February.
The Okawa River Cruise operates only during the sukura season. In 2015, it is between 1 April to 19 April.
One thing to note is that most of the museums are closed on Mondays.
Now for those with children… there is no children version of the Osaka Amazing Pass, so you have to decide if it is worth it to pay for the adult pass. It really depends on which attraction you will be visiting and how old are your children.
Here is a list of children prices to the 28 Attractions covered by the Osaka Amazing Pass. Prices are in yen and are separated by (Secondary School/Primary School/6 and Below)
- Umeda Sky Floating Garden Observatory (500/300/100)
- HEP FIVE Ferris Wheel (500/500/Free)
- Museum of Oriental Ceramics (Free/Free/Free)
- Osaka Science Museum (Free/Free/Free)
- Natural Hot Spring Naniwa no Yu (800/400/150)
- Osaka Museum of Housing and Living (Free/Free/Free)
- Tombori River Cruise (900/400/Free – carry in hand or pay 400 for a seat)
- Dotombori Zaza Theater (500/500/Free)
- Kamigata Ukiyoe Museum (300/300/Free)
- Entrepreneurial Museum of Challenge and Innovation (100/Free/Free)
- Osaka Castle Museum (Free/Free/Free)
- Osaka Castle Nishinomaru Garden (Free/Free/Free)
- Osaka Museum of History (Free/Free/Free)
- Peace Osaka (Free/Free/Free)
- Tsutenkaku Tower (400/300/300)
- Shitennoji Temple (200/200/Free)
- Tennoji Zoo (200/200/Free)
- Osaka City Museum of Fine Arts (Free/Free/Free)
- Nagai Botanical Garden (Free/Free/Free)
- Osaka Museum of Natural History (Free/Free/Free)
- Sakuya Konohana Botanical Garden (Free/Free/Free)
- Natural Open-Air Hot Spring Spa Suminoe (750/370/370)
- Tempozan Giant Ferris Wheel (800/800/800)
- Cruise Ship Santa Maria (1600/800/Free)
- Captain Line (700/400/300)
- Osaka Prefectural Government Sakishima Building (210/210/Free)
- Osaka River Cruise Aqaliner (1700/850/Free)
- Okawa River Skura Cruise (1200/Free/Free)